[TowerTalk] Climbing gear

J. Gordon Beattie, Jr., W2TTT w2ttt at att.net
Sat Sep 2 22:52:38 EDT 2006

One can avoid that bad experience by using short leads.
I generally keep mine under 2ft and it is fine for climbing my Rohn 25
tower.
I use a Petzl belt and two short pieces of 1 inch tubular nylon with a large
locking biner on the ends.  One is always on a cross-member of the tower.  I
move one then the other so I'm always protected.  When I'm on my 1 over 12
pitch roof, I run a piece of webbing between the tower and the 3-1/2 inch
mast that goes through the center of my roof and hook into that with one or
both of the pieces that are on my belt.  That way I can walk back and forth
without a risk of failing anywhere should I fall ill while prancing back and
forth on the roof.

Vy 73,
Gordon Beattie, W2TTT
201.314.6964