[TowerTalk] Climbing Gear resource needed

Jay Schwisow jay at kt5e.us
Sun Sep 3 09:13:25 EDT 2006

Al,

I bought my  fall protection gear from www.tessco.com.  I was not able
to try them on before so basically paid attention to size and features.
The harness I received is excellent.  Here are some links for you:

Basic discussion and links to their product comparison chart, lanyards,
etc.:
http://www.tessco.com/yts/industry/products/itm/fall_protection/index.html

Personal preference will dictate but here is what I have :

451682 - Pinnacle Advanced tower harness by Elk River
417261 - Twin leg shock absorbing lanyard (2" throat on hooks) with auto
twist carabiners
                   this can give you 100% tie off if you use it
29776 - Close in positioning assembly

I still plan on ordering another though different positioning lanyard so
that I can tie off the seat.  This will add comfort when working in a
specific area for 10 minutes or more.

Total cost for the above about $600.00

73,

Jay - KT5E