[TowerTalk] Antenna eating tree

Wes Attaway (N5WA) wesattaway at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 4 22:17:48 EDT 2006

Tom .... I think the best solution is to use a longer screw eye.
I have purchased some galvanized eyes from Home Depot that are
12" (or maybe 14") long.  If you screw them into the tree only as
far as the threaded portion (usually about 2 inches) you will
have a lot sticking out.  The eye will hold just fine and as the
tree grows around it you will not ever be able to pull it out.
It will be serviceable for many years.

Here in Louisiana the trees grow a lot each year so a wimpy screw
eye will be useless in short order.  Go get some really long
ones.  I am sure you can get 18" eyes if you do some searching.