[TowerTalk] Antenna eating tree

Tom Osborne w7why at verizon.net
Mon Sep 4 19:21:40 EDT 2006

  Much better, I think, to install a screw eye and
> use that for the antenna connection, allowing suitable strain reliefs.
>
> I wonder if there's any useful "ham thinking" about tree health.
>
> 73 Martin AA6E

If you are going to put in a screw eye, you need to put a 2x4 or something
like that first, then hook the screw eye into that.

I put some in some trees to guy the small tower to and the bark finally
enveloped the screw eyes and the rope.  I had to take an axe and knife to
free the rope up.  73
Tom W7WHY