[TowerTalk] US Tower MA 550 Windloading - 90MPH?

Aldewey at aol.com Aldewey at aol.com
Sat Sep 9 14:16:55 EDT 2006

All;

I am applying for a building permit to put up a US Tower MA-550 with a Force
12 C4 Yagi in Minnesota.

The City is asking to see wind loading calculations for 90 MPH as well as
calculations for radial ice.  I am trying to convince them that I will have it
nested most of the time (which I will).  The info I got from US Tower has a lot
of detail but it only goes up to 70 mph.  Has anyone run these calculations on
this tower for 90 mph both fully extended and nested?
For neighborhood aesthetics, I really want to stay with the tubular look.

Any help would be appreciated.

Al, K0AD
Plymouth, Minnesota