[TowerTalk] US Tower MA 550 Windloading - 90MPH?

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Sat Sep 9 18:48:38 EDT 2006

The MA-550 will clearly not pass 90 MPH calcs even
with no antenna, at least while extended.  OTOH,
it will clearly pass 90 MPH nested with any reasonable
antenna.  The question is whether the building permit
process recognizes nesting.  One ploy might be to
get it approved nested, and then claim that when
it is extended, the additional sections count
as a temporary structure attached to the permanent
structure.  Temporary structures, like cranes, are
exempt from building permits.

Rick N6RK