[TowerTalk] Concrete in the ground! But...

Dick Green WC1M wc1m at msn.com
Sat Sep 23 10:36:55 EDT 2006

If the consensus is to bend the rod, then I'll try it by hand first. As for
the angle, we had a heck of a time lowering the downhill anchor much below
45 degrees. I think if we'd gone to spec, 42 degrees, the equalizer plate
would have ended up several inches below ground! Since that one came out at
45 degrees, we made the others the same.

Due to the steep slope of my hill, I couldn't make all three guys at all
three anchors match the Rohn specs for guy angles. The bottom guys on the
downhill anchor and the steepest uphill anchor are about 5 degrees off from
Rohn spec and about 10 degrees off from each other. In addition, I had to
place the anchors further out than Rohn spec to provide clearance for the
middle SteppIR. In the end, I made the angles for the top guys match each
other, figuring that was most important. The bottom angle for the top guys
came out at 45.9 degrees, so I figured a 45 degree rod angle would be OK.

73, Dick WC1M