[TowerTalk] Mystery Rotor

Tim Holmes w8tahradio at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 07:39:28 EDT 2006

Cool - thanks for all the advice and links to the manual - -it looks at this
point like it will do what i need quite nicely -- the load will be fairly
light and is as follows:

1 -  5 element arrow antennas uhf beam
1 - 13 element 2 m beam
1 - 3 element 6m beam
1 - 10-15-20 m Rotatable dipole

the location that im putting it all is fairly wind shaded, and i have had
the same load up on a standard TV rotor for some time now.

I hooked up the rotor quickly last night to try it out and the lights on the
control box functioned, but the rotor did not turn, so hopefully tonight i
will have some time for troubleshooting.  IM hoping i made a bad hookup
someplace and that the motor is not burned out or some such thing.

Any way -- its exciting to see the tower project comming together - i should
be getting my top bushing this weekend, and then once the rotor works, i can
start loading the mast

hope you all have a great day

73 and good DX

TIM