[TowerTalk] Photos of a Crank Up Positive Pull Down mechanism?

FISCHER,GREG ab7r at cablespeed.com
Thu Apr 5 11:51:59 EDT 2007

I've also wondered about the positive pull down.  I have
an old Hygain manual for their electric winch (I don't
have the electric winch though) and it shows how to run
the positive pull down cable.

If I recall correctly, the cable runs from the bottom of
the 3rd section down to a pully at the bottom of the
second section up to the top of the second section.  This
is repeated with another cable from the bottom of the 4th
section to a pulley at the bottom of the 3rd section and
up to the top of the 3rd section.

How does this create "positive pulldown" when it is still
gravity that brings the sections down when lowering with
the winch?  Is it the weight of that 2nd section that is
being used to help pull down the lighter 3rd and 4th
sections?

Tnx
73
Greg