[TowerTalk] Photos of a Crank Up Positive Pull Down mechanism?

Rob Frohne frohro at wwc.edu
Thu Apr 5 10:45:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have two Tri-EX THD series towers and have had trouble with them
jamming when partially erected.  I am thinking of putting a cable from
the top section to a pulley on the bottom section so that I could pull
down if necessary if it gets jammed again.  I have read of a thing
called a "positive pull down" on some crank up towers, and would like to
see some photos of it before I do my thing, in case I'm missing
something, and they have a better way of doing it than I am envisioning.
Does anyone have any photos of a "positive pull down" mechanism?

Thanks & 73,

Rob, KL7NA
--
Rob Frohne, Ph.D., P.E.