[TowerTalk] aluminium welding wire

Hector Garcia XE2K j_hector_garcia at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 6 02:53:21 EDT 2007

Noel:

for around the pound of wire you will get the mile if
i not wrong, i use 2 pounds in the last IOTA
operation, 2 one pound rolls was all the necesary for
the dx-88 we use ,  the wire new is great for
temporary  use,  very light and easy to recover,
disposable in some way,  i will have no idea how long
will be good for a permanet installation with direct
contact to the ground, maybe elevated radials will be
better  for long time use.

with 60 pounds for sure you can try  and best if you
get it free o very cheap

if not , you can get a few dollar by the pound  in the
yunk yard,   all the metals are expensive than before