[TowerTalk] ROHN-LOC

Dennis Severns hamrigger at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 9 00:22:57 EDT 2007

Jim

The rohn-loc is a cable grab that attaches to a 3/8 inch steel cable. It is not used with rope. The device normally comes with a strap sewn into a harness or has a strap with a snap hook for attaching to a harness. If you do not have this strap you will need to use a carabiner  or a large quick link (5/16 " or larger) or a shackle to attach it to the D-ring of your belt. I am not familiar with the Tower belt you are referring to but these devices are designed to be used with full body harnesses with front( chest) D-rings.The rohn-loc has two pins, one visible one not that need to be depressed to rotate the handle up to open the device so you can place it on the cable. I have one the rohn-loc devices but do not use it. I prefer the DBI Sala Lad-saf devices. There are currently Several Lad-Saf devices on ebay right now.

Dennis Severns
kc0sul
Tower Tech/Rigger

Jim Irwin <IRWINJE at FRONTIERNET.NET> wrote: Can someone tell me how the ROHN-LOC device is used when it is attached to a Klein SPA 858 tower belt.  Some information I have come across indicates that it is used while making your way up a tower in conjunction with a 3/8" cable that is secured about 6 inches from the tower from top to bottom to act as a fall arrest.  Other info. indicates that this is somehow used with rope.  Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated.  I would really also like to get my hands on the instructions for this device.