[TowerTalk] info on radials repartition...

VE2RYY ve2ryy at globetrotter.net
Fri Apr 13 09:11:31 EDT 2007

Hello
I am using a 2 element phased vertical (towers) on 80 meters.There are about 75 radials under each tower for 80M.
Now I want to use only one of these towers  for 160 meter....
I Want to add radials for 160 meter under one tower only...
I wonder if these radials for 160 meters will change the antenna for the 80 meter operation.
I want to add 32 radial for 160....under the tower I use for 160M...
Should I add 32 radials under on tower only, OR should also put radial under the second tower that is used (phased) with the first...for 80 meter
I mean would it be better to add 16 radials for 160M under each tower, Or add 32 radials under the tower I will use for 160 Meter???? without affecting the 80 meter system......by adding radials under only one tower????
Any input would be appreciated...
NOEL