[TowerTalk] Guy wire assembly question

Dubovsky, George George.Dubovsky at andrew.com
Fri Apr 13 10:31:36 EDT 2007

Well, that's one way to open up a thimble, but a little too Neanderthal
for my tastes ;-)

I usually capture one half of the thimble in a vise, with the long
dimension horizontal, and the thimble opening just above the top of the
vise jaws, sort of like the letter "C". I grab the free side of the
thimble (the top of the "C") with a big Crescent wrench and lever it
sideways to the plane of the thimble, and that opens it up. In the
field, I close them back up with a pair of adjustable wrenches. The
galvanizing doesn't seem to be damaged when you do it this way.

73,

geo - n4ua

>In method one above you need to pry open one of the
> thimbles.  A big hammer and big chisel are the easiest way, then use
the
> hammer to close it up again.  Then use the big grip to connect the
EHS.
> 73 bob de w9ge

this email is prohibited.