[TowerTalk] LM-400 Connectors

Mike Clarson mclarson at rcc.com
Sat Apr 14 17:41:21 EDT 2007

Bill: Not to be a wise guy, but PL-259s work just fine. You must be looking
for Crimps, however. First, watch out for the imported "gold pin, silver
plated Teflon" solder on  PL-259 style connectors--the hole in the center
pin is not big enough for LMR-400! Also, watch out for which version of
LMR-400 the connector you use is designed. Some of the "no solder" ones do
not work well on the flex (stranded center) versions. In general, I have
found that most of the LMR-400 crimp on connectors will fail if strain from
bending is put on the cable right behind the connector. How are your
connectors failing and what kind are they? --Mike, WV2ZOW