[TowerTalk] For sale: Force-12 aluminum tower hinge base $125+shipping

Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. Leigh at WA5ZNU.org
Sat Apr 21 14:13:07 EDT 2007

For sale: Force-12 aluminum tower hinge base
I bought a tilt-up base for my Force-12 LPT tower, but the location I
eventually put the tower doesn't allow me to use it.
I never put the tower on the base, but we did use one of the plates as a
template for placing the tower bolts.

Force 12 price is $245; yours for $125 plus shipping in the original box
and packing I received from Force-12 or pick up or delivery near CM87.
See http://wa5znu.org/2007/04/base

Here is the description from http://force12inc.com/F12-towerinfo-4.htm
"This is also known as a tilt base and is an assembly composed ot two
1/2" thick plates with a large hinge pin. The standard 1/2" thick LPT
base bolts to one of these plates; the other plate is secured to the
ground or X-base as normal.  ... The hinge is secured in place by a
large bolt after being made vertical."

NOTE: The base is in good condition, though it does have scratches, and
one minor part needs repair or replacement.
The part is one of two thin-walled aluminum tube spacer (3/4" outside
dia, 1/8" thick, 11/16" long) that surround the hinge pin.  This part
got bent when I disassembled the base and put it all in a box to store.
You could make it round again, or make another one, or you do without
(it isn't load-bearing), or you could get one from Force-12.

The plates are 12" square with 4 holes in each layer in a square
pattern, centers 1" from edge.

73,
Leigh/WA5ZNU