[TowerTalk] FW: Rohn-25G Removal

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 13:00:49 EDT 2007

In a message dated 4/22/2007 8:43:23 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>    What I'm looking for is a set of two tower jacks  (local name?). One
piece
of a  tower jack is a stiff piece of pipe  with feet on one end, the other
end has what appears to be a upward  pointing rake. In the middle is a
mechanical jack, that is fully extended.  Fully extended it is then placed
against the tower and used to jack the  tower down , or  fully closed it is
then used to jack the tower up.  The second part is a piece of pipe with feet
on one end, and what appears  to be a stiff up pointing rake, no jack. This
is used to hold the tower up  while the jack is repositioned. Using these two
pieces a  tilt over  tower can be easily, and safely raised or lowered.
A pair of tower  jacks is used to erect or lower a one piece stand-alone
tower.
>  A front end loader or pickup could also be used , if  there is room for
the
vehicle.

        Interesting but I've still  got no idea what you mean. A picture's
worth 1k words.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH