[TowerTalk] AEA LC-1 Isoloop

Daniel Hileman n9wx_dan at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 9 23:39:09 EDT 2007

    Hi All,
I have the opportunity to buy an AEA LC-1 Isoloop...the thing is, I dont know much about this type antenna...it looks different than all the other AEA Isoloops I've seen on google. It is rectangular and loops made to mount vertically? I think the LC-1 rotates make it directional (at least broadside two directions.) Any one have any experience with these? Are these good? I think it's 13-30MHZ.. I live in a duplex (upstairs) and want it for a small footprint antenna. I have the opportunity to purchase it for about $80.00, seems like a good price compared to other Loops I've seen (MFJ is like $350.00) I would love to hear anything you have to say about this antenna.

Thanks and 73,
Daniel N9WX