[TowerTalk] Crane use for tower install

bill rubin brubin2010 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 00:50:48 EDT 2007

I am looking for someone with experienced who have used a crane for tower
installation of 45g.   I plan on hiring out the service but I am not sure if
the best thing to do is to have the tower in  1 or multiple sections for the
install.   Also was considering have the rotor, mast and 2m/440 vertical
mounted before the lift.    Can the 45g handle the weight without buckling
?   Right now the plan is to put up the 10 sections all at once (guyed).
Please advise.

Also if you are a local HAM in the Kansas City area with  REAL experience
would really appreciate help / mentor.

All the best,
Bill N1HWC