[TowerTalk] Crimp Coax Connector Differences

RICHARD SOLOMON w1ksz at q.com
Wed Dec 19 18:41:53 EST 2007

Several days ago I commented on certain Coax Crimp Connectors not fitting the Coax
they were intended for. The response was underwhelming except for the couple of
..."they fit on my coax"... responses.

So I conducted an experiment, albeit an expensive one. The Coax I am using is
LMR-400UF and LMR-240UF. Connectors (PL-259 and BNC) from one store DID
NOT accommodate the stranded center conductor unless I removed one or two
strands. Connectors bought from another store (obviously from different sources)
did accommodate the stranded center conductor.

Being wary of litigation, I will not mention the two suppliers here, but will in private
correspondence.

Anyone want under-sized Coax Connectors, real cheap !!

73, Dick, W1KSZ/7