[TowerTalk] question on thrust bearing

Mikemedic130 at aol.com Mikemedic130 at aol.com
Wed Dec 19 22:08:47 EST 2007

I will be looking to add a cushcraft m5ab mini beam (35lbs, and 3.35sq
windload) along with a
yaesu g-450a rotor to my 7-40 universal aluminum tower.  Question is should I
be concerned
with using a thrust bearing?  I wont be looking to add anything more later
since I have a small
city lot and want to be nice to my neighbors. I currently only have a 2meter
vertical on the tower now.
I guess I am asking do I really need a thrust bearing or not?  Any and all
replies would be appreciated.

          Thanks mike kc8unr