[TowerTalk] Inverted L..........

John fraz1 at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 24 15:48:58 EST 2007

Hi Folks....

The vertical portion of my L goes up to 66' with the additional 68' going horizontally.  I have 22 radials underneath it. They range from 20' to 68' in length.  It is fed via a 1:1 current balun at the feedpoint with 75' of BuryFlex 50 ohm coax.  Based on the lowest SWR of 1.6:1, and NOT X=0, the resonance is 1.803 MHz.  I have the impedance "down" to 62 ohms.

Although I have worked 78 entities in a very short period of time, it just doesn't seem like this thing is playing very well.  The vertical portion is about 3' to 4' from the pine tree.

Any ideas.....guru's?

73, Merry Christmas and HNY...............John K4NP