[TowerTalk] Tower foundations

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Mon Feb 12 13:04:18 EST 2007

I have a 3x3x3 foot concrete foundation in my front lawn that I have been
using for my HyGain HyTower antenna.  MY plan is to remove the HyGain and
enlarge the foundation to 6x6x4.  I have heard that it is possible to hammer
drill holes in concrete, pour in a 2 part epoxy, and insert threaded rods
and this will be strong enough to be used for attaching a tower.  I want to
put up 60 feet of Rohn 65 and have it be self supporting unless a hurricane
comes through the area, in which case I would put temporary guys on the
tower.  Does anyone have experience with this epoxy method and can give me
some direction on doing this?

Thanks,
Bob  W6TR