[TowerTalk] 40-meter Beverage

donovanf at starpower.net donovanf at starpower.net
Fri Feb 16 01:23:51 EST 2007

Dick,

A 200 feet or longer Beverage  will work well on 40 meters.  It only
needs to be 4-6 feet high.  Go for it!

Surely you know some ham in the New Smyrna area who'll be happy to loan you a resistor! Call some of your friends. You need a 470 ohm resistor,
or some combination of resistors that add up to approximately 470
ohms.  The termination will improve your signal to noise ratio.

Don't worry about the transformer.  Hopefully your receiver is
sensitive enough to make up for poor efficiency with no transformer.

Good luck!

73
Frank
W3LPL