[TowerTalk] Fw: Ladder Line Length

Cecil Moore w5dxp at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 13:38:47 EST 2007

>From: "Larry & Karen" <k0is at iowatelecom.net>
>Subject: [TowerTalk] Fw: Ladder Line Length
>Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 08:52:55 -0600
>There are some lengths you want to avoid depending on the band or bands you
>operate.

In general, the optimum ladder-line length results in an SWR current
maximum point existing somewhere around the point where the ladder-
line interfaces with the balun. That's a low, near-resonant impedance
point. For wire antennas, I've found EZNEC to be quite useful for
avoiding undesirable lengths and choosing desirable lengths of ladder-
line. Even the free demo version of EZNEC will accomplish that for
most single wire antennas.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com