[TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower Grounding (Lightning Protection)

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Thu Jan 4 16:01:37 EST 2007

I would get that one wrong. There is no need to bond those rods together. It
serves no purpose other than to waste wire.

The reason is that the potential coming from the tower will be the same on
each rod via the lead from each leg. That puts all the rods at the same
potential (unless there is a drastic difference in ground conditions between
rods) so there is no difference in potential between them. A connection
between them provides the same as no connection.

73
Gary  K4FMX