[TowerTalk] Antenna/Tower Grounding (Lightning Protection)

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 4 18:52:10 EST 2007

At 09:56 AM 1/4/2007, Scott Honaker wrote:
>The current (some say "dumbed down") Technician class question pool has a
>question on tower grounding.  There's no reference given (I would like to
>find it).
>
>T0B11 (C) What is considered to be an adequate ground for a tower?
>
>C. Separate 8 foot long ground rods for each tower leg, bonded to
>    the tower and each other

I would assume you could contact the VEC folks building the question pools.

And, of course, my original comment was that the 2005 NEC (the
latest.. it comes out every 3 years) doesn't say anything (at least
in the obvious places) about methods for grounding towers.

Maybe it's in some other recommendation, or in a proposed revision
for the 08 code?