[TowerTalk] Rotor Selection Advice Wanted - Heavy Duty

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Tue Jan 9 09:15:18 EST 2007

In a message dated 1/8/2007 8:56:34 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
richard at karlquist.com writes:

>  Now I'm confused again.  Is the problem with the  Orion
that the mast clamp slips, or the rotor breaks?  I  purchased
a heavy duty Slipp-Nott for my Orion to fix the mast  clamp
slipping problem.  I thought that would allow me to
use the  Orion with the MonstIR.

    I haven't personally run across a broken Orion  although I'm sure there
have been some. The culprit in my experience has been  the mast clamp. If you
can get it to hold the mast, you should be good to  go.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC