[TowerTalk] Rotor Selection Advice Wanted - Heavy Duty

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Jan 9 21:15:54 EST 2007

If you install the Yaesu G-2800DXA per the manufacture's instructions and
nothing is broken, it is impossible for the mast to slip.

John KK9A

To: donovanf at starpower.net, towertalk at contesting.com,Gary.Stone at va.gov
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rotor Selection Advice Wanted - Heavy Duty
From: "White, Howard" <drpaper at kleega.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 13:22:24 -0800

I do not know where he comes up with that hearsay nonsense...

The Yaesu G2800DXA does not have any of these alleged problems...

I have MonstIR#1   - it has been up for 2 years...

Far longer than any other MonstIR!!!

I am about 1 mile from the Pacific Coast about 600' ASL with a clear shot at
every wind that comes from Japan.

Using a Yaesu G-2800DXA...NO SLIPPAGE on the rotor...

I chose the G-2800DXA because it had the best braking rating of all
rotors...

And it does not seem to have any problem whatsoever turning the array.

http://www.ky6la.com/monstir_project.htm

Howard S. White Ph.D. P. Eng., VE3GFW/K6  ex-AE6SM  KY6LA
Website: www.ky6la.com
"No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"
"Ham Antennas Save Lives - Katrina, 2003 San Diego Fires, 911"