[TowerTalk] base below ground level/drainage

Jim Rhodes k0xu at iowadsl.net
Sat Jul 14 22:15:05 EDT 2007

Offer to tint the concrete green or paint it, but for safety reasons
the concrete must stick up above the ground. Especially if you live
in an area with freezing weather. Not only is there a greater risk of
corrosion, but you cannot inspect the tower base if it is underground.

And no reason to go to the more expensive concrete unless you are in
a big hurry to get it up after pouring the base. The 5000 would set
faster, but if you are willing to wait a couple of weeks the 3000
will be plenty hard.