[TowerTalk] Ferrite beads for common mode current

n7ka at comcast.net n7ka at comcast.net
Wed Jul 25 16:58:37 EDT 2007

Getting ready to install another 6M yagi here and building another for a friend.  Want to use a choke on the feed line which will be either RG-213 (MIL-C-17 compliant) or on LMR-400UF (super flex).  In all cases I want the capability for 1500W.  I do not like the idea of additional connectors so my plan is to but the beads on the line at feedpoint of the cable that goes down to the hardline just below the top of the tower.  Would Fair-Rite 2643102002 be the correct choice?  The id at 0.505 inch is large enough to fit over the RG-213/LMR-400.  Or do I need another mix and how many beads.

Arne N7KA