[TowerTalk] Rebar Cage Question

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Thu Jul 26 11:56:23 EDT 2007

In a message dated 7/26/2007 7:17:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
towertalk-request at contesting.com writes:

>  Are there any tricks of the trade when it comes to making  sturdy rebar
cages? I have used tie wires, along with the tie wire tool,  but mine tend to
flop around when complete. Could I be tying the wires  incorrectly? I realize
it doesn't make a whole lot of difference once the  concrete is poured, but
I'd like to understand how to give these a more  professional look and feel.

    As a frame with just verticals and  horizontals it has no inherent
ability to stand up by itself. I always add an  X to each face to strengthen it.
Then you can stand on them without them  collapsing.

Cheers,
Steve      K7LXC
TOWER TECH