[TowerTalk] Rebar Response

Phil Snyder n9lah at comcast.net
Thu Jul 26 23:33:39 EDT 2007

Wow lots of responses and idea's. I hadn't planned on using the cage for
grounding so that isn't a concern at the moment, although I will look
into that aspect. Having things inspected here is also a non issue.

I guess I was just wondering about the mechanical strength of the cage
if welded instead of tying. I have never worked with rebar before and
didn't know how hard it was to bend and work with. I have the drawings
from UST regarding the construction of the cage and guess I should just
follow their directions. I suppose if they were ok with welding the cage
it would be listed as an option on the drawings.

Thanks for the help

Phil
N9LAH