[TowerTalk] Cable Replacement HDX-555

KJ6Y at aol.com KJ6Y at aol.com
Sat Jul 28 17:19:15 EDT 2007

Not to disagree with Steve.  But I've replaced many tower cables due  to rust
and wear.  Some were only a few years old and some were over 20,  but I've
alway said it's better to replace them too soon than too late.
Once they start to show rust, it's time to consider changing.  I've  seen
cable where they look fine except for one small portion, and have seen what
happens when that small portion breaks.

Always take the pulleys out and check, clean and lube the bearing while
doing the cables.  Replace if they are worn or the bearings don't turn  freely. If
the pulley is OK but you can press out the bearing and insert a new  one.

Skip,  KJ6Y
_Communications Service  Co_ (http://members.aol.com/kj6y/skip.html)
818-887-3569