[TowerTalk] Quiet antenna rotators?

Mark Beckwith n5ot at n5ot.com
Mon Jul 30 22:11:36 EDT 2007

> I have a neighbor "commenting" (for now) about the noise
> of the Ham-IV rotator I am using.

Question: is the noise made by a HAM-series rotator excessive or
unreasonable?  It is not silent, but I don't think it's excessive or
unreasonable.  It's certainly not as loud as starting your car.

Perhaps one could begin cutting one's grass at 7am and when THAT complaint
came in, it would be an easy negotiation - "I'll wait until later in the
morning to cut my grass if you'll quit complaining about the sound of my
rotator."

Neighbors.  Sheesh.

Mark, N5OT