[TowerTalk] Quiet antenna rotators?

Pat Barthelow aa6eg at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 31 09:59:30 EDT 2007

I  totally agree with Mark's Statement...

But, I wonder if there is an easy circuit that could ramp up the brake
solenoid voltage in a gradual way that would lessen or eliminate the clack
that presently occurs.  Problem being, I think, for the brake wedge to seat
solidly, it may have to have some momentum in its final travel movement to
overcome friction, for it to seat fully in the notch of the rotator.

You might even be able to house the circuit inside the control box, lifting
the lead to the brake solenoid coil, and inserting a circuit generated
ramped voltage.

Sincerely, Pat Barthelow     aa6eg at hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org
Jamesburg Earth Station  Moon Bounce Team
http://www.cq-vhf.com