[TowerTalk] SteppIR problem-update from the front lines

Mike Rhodes weightdn at roadrunner.com
Sun Jun 17 20:02:28 EDT 2007

Bill,
  I have not been following this thread closely so I am probably way off
base but might spark some ideas so here goes. Wonder if the issue is
related to timing in some way. Have no idea whether the signals are
digital or analog and if there is any feedback from the actuators in the
antenna but this whole thing makes me think back to the days of the old
dot matrix printers. The print head ran on a slide and if the slide
collected a bunch of dirt, it would not let the print head move as fast
as it should. Somewhere along the line, a time factor entered into
things and when the head got to the point that it did not make it to the
end of the carriage in time, the whole thing would fault. Maybe it was
the early HP deskjet printers but same idea. You tell the antenna to do
something and due to the line length or related delays, it does not
happen in the alloted time so the controller faults.
  Just a thought...

Mike / W8DN