[TowerTalk] TRYLON TITAN 64 SELFSUPPORT

Mike Fatchett mike at mallardcove.com
Sun May 27 16:57:57 EDT 2007

You do not have to use forms.  That is what I have done on two towers.  You
will probably end up with a bigger hole than is required so expect to use
more concrete.  Back hoes are not that precise.

Trylon supplies three concrete "legs".  I placed those legs on cinder blocks
inside the hole and secured them with cross members across the small forms
that I used to get the foundation above ground level.  I attached the first
section to the legs and then guyed the legs with pound in t posts and
leveled the tower.  Leveling can be a bit tricky as the sections are
tapered.  I used the plumb line with a 2x4 across the top of the legs.  You
can also use a level across the legs if you have a long level or use a board
that is true.

Make sure when you pour that you tell the concrete guy to go very slow as
the concrete can push the tower around very easily.

Mike W0MU