[TowerTalk] About Leaky Coax Antennas

Heather Brisco hbrisco2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 10:36:31 EST 2007

Hello, I had read some old postings regarding leaky coax and I had a question of my own about it.  I had someone suggest to use leaky coax antennas if I wanted to strengthen a radio signal from underground or through tunnels.  I am not a professional and I am not sure what this means exactly or where to find this, but i have read that they use leaky coax cab;es through the Lincoln tunnel and that they have used it down in mines.  But what about one antenna that is leaky coax antenna and receive signals to another leaky coax antenna is that possible?  And can a signal like a GPS tracker be buried or below ground and not get signals from or to above ground because dirt would absorb the signal unlike in a mine?  Would it be impossible to ever do that or get a signal through dirt?  Even if I used Hardline or Andrews as mentioned in previous postings?

  Thank you,
  Heather