[TowerTalk] DIN Connectors You Can't Solder To

David Robbins K1TTT k1ttt at arrl.net
Sat Nov 17 12:36:53 EST 2007

First, what is RoHS???

Most likely they are plated with chrome.  I would take some fine sandpaper
and scratch the plating of the top of the pins, that at least gives a little
area to tack onto.  If the pins have a hollow on the back like most of them
find a drill or jeweler's file that fits in there and scrape out the plating
also.  This also works for chrome plated pl-259's since most all of these
types of things are just plated brass.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net