[TowerTalk] exploding foundations and semantic quibbles regarding Ufer & "Single Point" grounds

Gary Schafer garyschafer at comcast.net
Fri Sep 14 18:25:29 EDT 2007

The chart from Jim is good to keep in mind when considering employing your
verticals radial system as part of your lightning ground system. I see many
worry that they should use large wire for the radials if they are to be
depended upon for lightning dissipation. As you can see even #16 wire can
carry a lot of current. Also consider that you will normally have several
radials that will share the current so no one wire will have that much
current on it.

73
Gary  K4FMX