[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Puzzle

Chuck Lewis clewis at knology.net
Sat Sep 15 11:42:18 EDT 2007

Very likely. If you do find such a leakage path, before tearing the rotor
apart check the inside of the connector at the rotor end. I had a similar
issue several years ago with insect trash providing leakage between the
connector pins when humidity was high. The pot seemed normal, but from the
shack end of the cable I measured leakage (~850 ohms) between one of the the
motor leads and the top of the pot.

Cleaning inside the connector shell, backfilling with plain old vaseline and
sealing around the (useless) rubber boot solved the problem and has
prevented a recurrence.

Chuck, N4NM