[TowerTalk] re; exploding concrete

Jim Lux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Sep 15 20:38:46 EDT 2007

> It remains for future engineers, techs, etc to improve their knowledge
> of all the interlocking causes and effects. Right now all of us on this
> thread are involved in guesswork to one degree or another.

It would be interesting to think of an experiment that would provide
useful information.

Generating high current impulses is pretty straightforward (at least for
folks who have HV pulse power equipment).  It's figuring out what to use
for a meaningful set of test articles.  Do you cast some rebar and/or
copper wire in some concrete, bury it in a big box of dirt, etc. Some
years ago I was trying to make artificial fulgurites by means of a
similar process.  That particular project was aborted because the test
facility (my backyard) was reallocated, as well as concerns about the
sounds produced. (It sounds like you're setting off fairly good sized
explosions in your backyard.. not good in a suburban neighborhood)