[TowerTalk] Force 12 c-3 information

Pat Poirier hkman at comcast.net
Sun Apr 6 19:33:51 EDT 2008

I have a Force 12 5BA that has been in the air for 11 years. I went through
the antenna 2 years ago and did not see any deterioration of the fiberglass
insulator on the driven element. All of my PVC element to boom insulators
were wrapped in Super 33 tape and when I cut the old tape off they all
looked like new. I then wrapped them again in Super 33 tape. I did replace
all the hard wear with new stainless steel due to the surface rust on the
old zinc covered hardware.
I have never had a rivet come loose and the secret behind pulling rivets is
to make sure that there is no aluminum shaving between the two pieces of
tubing and make sure that the rivets are pulled tight.
The one thing that I did do is I drilled each and every boom to element
bracket and installed a stainless steel bolt to lock them into the boom.

73,
Pat