[TowerTalk] re; remotely switching balanced lines

Steve steve65 at suddenlink.net
Sat Apr 12 19:04:19 EDT 2008

I've had good success switching a single open wire line between tuners
in the shack using Deltrol Controls dpdt open frame relays from Surplus
Sales of Nebraska. The ones I use are 12VDC coils.

The antenna at the other end of the open wire line is a 80 meter dipole
on the same center insulator with a 40 meter dipole. I use them from 160
thru 10 meters with the attendant mismatch and have had no arcing
problems. Or other problems for that matter.

Good luck.

Steve K8JQ

JMLTINC at aol.com wrote:
> Look at part number  7384K13 at _http://www.mcmaster.com/_
> (http://www.mcmaster.com/)  for ideas.  Depending upon the load and insertion point (voltage /
> current), they will work  fine.
>
> -John, N9RF
>

> **************It's Tax Time! Get tips, forms and advice on AOL Money &
> Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)

Read The Patriot   It's Right -- It's Free
http://PatriotPost.US/subscribe/ Veritas vos Liberabit