[TowerTalk] Aluminum TB2 clone...

Mike Miller wa0zog at embarqmail.com
Sun Apr 13 19:17:53 EDT 2008

I've got one of those bearings at the top of my tower.  I'm not sure about longevity, though.  I've only had it up there since last fall, when the mast went in and the antenna finally went up.  It did weather our rather harsh ice storm well, and everything is really smooth.  I've had absolutely no problems with this bearing in the short time I've had it up there.  You'll have to drill your own holes in your mounting plate, though.

Before I purchased it, I called Gaylen and spoke to him about how it was constructed.  I can't remember what he told me, though, so you might want to do the same.  It did sound like it was constructed considerably better than it's counterpart Rohn unit.  It is machined aluminum, I know that much, and I think it's got hardened steel bearings inside, but I don't know for sure.  Certainly worth the look-see.

--Mike, WA0ZOG