[TowerTalk] Tower Climber Protection - Insurance..!!

Bill Winkis kc4pe at bellsouth.net
Fri Apr 18 15:27:36 EDT 2008

Having discussed the liability/lawsuit problem or protection for the tower owner, here is the way it ended up ... after my Lawyer/Insurance Agent and Underwriter got involved.

1. - If you Pay/Hire anybody to work on your tower/antenna's ... they must be bonded...

2. - If someone/volunteer agrees to help you and climbs/works on the tower/antenna, he does so at his own risk and provides his own protection equipment.

3. - If someone/volunteer were to get hurt while working on your tower/antenna  and entered into a lawsuit against you ... They must prove negligence on your part.

I then took out a 2 million dollar Personal Umbrella Liability insurance to back up my existing home owners insurance, who insures the towers, home etc.

-Bill