[TowerTalk] Happy news for a change

Alan NV8A nv8a at att.net
Tue Aug 12 12:06:55 EDT 2008

On 08/12/08 11:19 am Richards wrote:

> Greetings TowerTalkians =
>
> Good news and bad news:
>
>        The Good News...  my city allows towers and
>         antennas, and there are NO PERMITS and
>         NO INSPECTIONS !!
>
>        The Bad News is there is a limit of 55 feet.
>
> Fortunately, that suits my plans and my budget,   so I do not
> have to fight City Hall to get permission go higher.
> At least not yet...
>
> So... up to a height of 55 feet, it is, essentially, unregulated.
> Cool, eh?   Can ya dig it?    Unbelievable.
>
>          [I figure you guys might understand my glee...picture me
>            giggling a dirty-old-man-kind-of-laugh under my breath all
>            day like I know a dirty little secret no else knows... ;-)

How is the ordinance worded? Park Township's (near Holland, MI -- but
it's not the municipality in which I live) ordinance refers, I am told,
to the height of the "tower." Thus some hams have argued that the mast
they have protruding from the top of the tower doesn't count. I don't
know whether that interpretation has ever been put to the test.

73

Alan NV8A