[TowerTalk] Broadband Sloper

W5CPT w5cpt at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 20 22:01:43 EDT 2008

In the ARRL Antenna Book, 17th edition, the antenna you are interested is explained on pages 4-16 to 4-18.  It is called the K0EOU Broadband Sloper. I became interested in it because the author claims that great height is not required. I emailed K0EOU and asked a few questions on how it worked and he said there was great speculation on how and why the angle of radiation is so low.  I will forward my email to Greg and his reply to anyone considering this antenna.

I am still considering it. (translation  = I have not gotten off my lazy butt and built one yet)

Clint - W5CPT