[TowerTalk] LM-470 and a T2X Rotor

Joe Giacobello k2xx at swva.net
Wed Dec 3 11:49:49 EST 2008

Bill, I had problems fitting the T2X inside my LM-470s.  However, I was
advised by Skip, AJ6Y, who routinely installs tower systems, to place
1-2" spacers under the rotor plate.  The spacers are made from 1"
aluminum angle stock and held against each of the three vertical pipes
with a hose clamp.  The objective is to raise the rotor into the center
of face defined by the struts so that when it turns, it doesn't hit
against any of the struts.  The trick works.

OTOH, before you replace the Ham III, I would discuss its suitability to
turn your antenna with Craig of CATS.  It's his opinion that there is
not much difference mechanically between the various Ham series rotor
designs, despite the manufacturer's claims to the contrary.

73, Joe
K2XX